Pro Tips to Plan the Perfect Wedding
Your Guide to the Ultimate Hotel Experience
Here are some tips to help you better plan your wedding and rooms for your wedding guests. These tips answer many frequently asked questions and offer ways to save or earn extra perks with HHonors. Below are 10 tips with you, the bride, in mind for preparing your guests’ arrival on your big day:
- Know how many or close to how many rooms you will need for your guests before you begin blocking rooms. There is a minimum requirement of 10 rooms – on at least one of the nights – in order for your block to be considered a group booking and to qualify for a group discount.
- Know how many rooms you have to fill at the hotel. Typically, 80% of the rooms that are blocked must be filled. This is what the hotel calls the “attrition” in the group sales agreement.
- Be on the lookout for events, holidays and other celebrations that are around the same place as your wedding location, because it will impact the hotel’s availability and pricing.
- Ask if your hotel will allow for “shoulder” days for your guests who want to arrive a day earlier or leave a day later.
- Get the word out to your guests to have them book their room by the cut-off date. The hotel may not have availability for reservations made past the cut-off-date, and your guests will not have access to the discounted rate that you negotiated for them.
- Take advantage of the online tools the hotel offers! They can create a personalized web page so your guest can make online reservations and can also give you access to your guest list with the Guest List Manager tool.
- Did you know you can ask for HHonors Meeting Planner Points when booking a wedding group? Earn points for every room booked and enjoy them during your honeymoon!
- Planning on handing out gift bags for the guests staying at the hotel? The front desk will hand them out upon arrival at no charge, but if you want them placed in the room, there is typically a delivery charge.
- What about your rehearsal dinner and day-after brunch? It is so much easier to have these events where the majority of your guests are staying, so you don’t have to coordinate transportation. Ask for our Special Events Manager to learn what your options are.
- Remember to thank any hotel staff who stood out or made your experience above and beyond!
We are here to help you plan
For more information on how we can help customize your wedding or room block for your wedding guests, please fill out a Request for Proposal (RFP) or contact our sales department below.
Hotel MdR Meeting & Events